From:
"Seibolt, Robert" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 8 Nov 2013 14:33:25 +0000
Sandy Rudd said:
She had many of the attendees in tears. It was a great story of survival and should have been inspirational for most. I did hear some comments that some found it depressing and would have liked something more motivating to send us back home ready to implement great things we had learned.

I heard the same thing. A couple of younger first-time attendees asked me if the closing session was always so horribly traumatizing and depressing. I told them I thought the objective was to inspire you to face the challenges in your life, most if not all of which would probably seem trivial in comparison to what Alison had faced. I think there was definitely a generational disconnect with the closing session. The opening session was Ok. At the end of his presentation, Mr. Abagnale's got somewhat sad and remorseful which seemed to end it on an odd note. He did make a great recovery after the fire alarm went off.

Despite some of the issues with the opening and closing sessions there were significant improvements from last year's general sessions. I suggested on my conference evaluation they dump the technology spotlight panel and try something else. Whatever ARMA tries may not work out, but I think the technology panel setup is turning into the walking dead. At least that is what I felt like afterwards. I was thinking if they could come up with something more interactive it would be a good start. The majority of the room was already on their cell phones during the panel discussion so maybe an audience polling component could be part of something new. It's also a long time to sit with both sessions back to back. Maybe a short activity could be sandwiched in between that gets people up and moving around.

Rob Seibolt, CRM
Supervisor-Records Management
816-360-5480
Ext 1266(Internal)

http://www.mriglobal.org

This message is intended exclusively for the individual or entity to which it is addressed. This communication may contain information that is confidential, proprietary, privileged or otherwise legally exempt from disclosure. If you have received this message in error, please notify the sender immediately by facsimile, e-mail or phone and delete all copies of the message.