From:
Wayne Hoff <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 13 Nov 2013 09:54:53 -0500
I know it's WAY past Friday but this is such a fun topic.  My first computer
was a Texas Instruments TI-99/4A, running at a blazing 3 MHz with 16 kb of
RAM.  I learned the TI BASIC manual frontwards and backwards and eventually
wrote programs too big to run on so little memory (all games of course - I was
a teenager after all).  They were saved onto my brother's old tape recorder
with the two of us putting just the right amount of pressure on the
connecting cable jacks to make it work.

That led to QuickBASIC, VisualBASIC, and VB.Net, which I've used over the
years for small work projects.  And while the frustration of a non-working
program is painful, the reward of a complete, fully functioning program is
intensely rewarding!

Wayne Hoff, CRM
Calgary, AB