From:
"Duncan, Margaret" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 13 Nov 2013 16:05:39 -0500
Bill wrote " At best you can only try to manage the situation and warn employees about data security, privacy, and the potential for social media to affect them -  and possibly the companies they work for, in terms of intellectual property issues and certain types of activity that could be considered illegal.  "

It comes down to policy, education/training and reinforcement of that education. We are constantly taking refresher courses on various policies here at work, one of which covers the use of social media and how we can and can't use it.

To Bill's point about missing out on great talent--I once ran across an article that said this.  Not in Bill's exact words, but with the same meaning.  The gist of the article, was that if you didn't allow your employees to BYOD or to use social media, they would find employment elsewhere.

~Meg

Meg Duncan, CRM, CIM
Fidelity Investments | Franklin MA

The views expressed in this email, written by me, are mine alone, and may not represent the views of my employer.