From:
"David T. Macknet" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 13 Nov 2013 14:21:17 -0800

Alexandri said, "Employees can choose if they want to work for a company
based upon those policies."

Well ... as to that, that's a really tough one on the employee,
particularly if something is egregious but they really want to work for
you. After having been in the workforce long enough, I'm comfortable
with the idea of lining out a section of a contract if it's bothersome -
and routinely do so. When I was just entering the workforce, though, I
1) wouldn't have thought to do so, and 2) wouldn't have had the guts to
do so if I'd even considered it. True, as a contract, the burden was
upon me ... but that's a bit rough on people who don't have the legal
chops to do so.

Glen asked about whether a device is yours if you have to comply with
these conditions. I'd question whether a company can *require* someone
to bring their own device ... and that the conditions would then be up
to the individual. I can't tell you the number of people I know who have
2 phones, because of this very reason.

Best,

-David

---