From:
Terra McIntyre <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 20 Nov 2013 10:37:03 -0600
Hi Mark,

I agree with your statement; I am much more concerned about quality than
sheer quantity and I've also wondered how best to measure this.  One way I
started monitoring performance/quality is with a random 10% audit of the
new boxes processed in the Records Center.  We receive a form from the
department that has metadata that is entered in our RMS system.  I require
the staff to make sure the contents match the form (to the best of their
ability).  For example, did the department enter the correct date range?
Did they use the correct retention code?  Did they describe the contents
adequately to enable us to find the box in the future?  I run a report to
find all of the new boxes entered in the past month.  Then, I check for
accuracy and quality of work by spot checking some of the new boxes
entered.  You can work out numbers that make sense but for example the
goal could be: 99% quality and accuracy of new boxes received for
archiving in the Records Center.  Performance measured by a random 10%
audit of new boxes processed each month.  It's certainly not 'scientific'
but at least it makes me feel like I am doing something to monitor and
measure quality and accuracy.

Regards, Terra

Terra McIntyre