From:
Frederic Grevin <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 22 Nov 2013 17:12:25 +0000
Larry commented "About all you can service yourself are wiper blades and taillight bulbs." I haven't checked the tail light bulbs, but I GUARANTEE you that you don't want to try servicing the headlights on the Toyota Prius. We have a 2007 Prius (marvelous car, BTW) and replacing the headlights ($150.00 each) requires taking off the entire front of the car. Fortunately, these lamp bulbs last a long time. Still ...

I used to list in my LinkedIn page all of the really interesting books I had read. Then I realised how useful this type of info could be for the practitioners of the black art of social engineering, and I stopped. That also reduced the amount of time I spend on LinkedIn (probably a Great Disappointment to the company).

We have a DVR; it came with the Verizon FiOS package. Haven't used it yet (this may have something to do with the fact that we NEVER watch TV). OTOH, it was Really Nice to be able to go online, crank down the FiOS TV subscription to almost zero, and crank up the internet download speed to 75Mb/sec. You do get some tradeoffs.

A lovely Thanksgiving holiday to all in the USA.

Fred

Frederic J. Grevin, Vice-President

Records Management Department

New York City Economic Development Corporation * www.nycedc.com

[log in to unmask] * w. 212.312.3903 * mobile 917.510.3016 * f. 212.618.5722