From:
Larry Medina <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 26 Nov 2013 12:04:39 -0800
I'm going to pose this question now, but knowing many are already away for
the Thanksgiving (US) Holiday, will pose again next week.

While we're not right up against the end of the year,. it REALLY isn't THAT
far away.  An issue (unresolved) that we've discussed in my organization in
the past has come up again, and I'm wondering if anyone else has had this
concern and if/how you've addressed it.

In our past calendering system, we were able to open up all "event details"
in a monthly calendar window, then "print" the list of events, locations,
dates/times, attendees etc. along with a monthly view of truncated titles
of meetings.  This could be either printed to paper or saved (using the
print command) to a PDF file.

We converted fully over to MS Outlook in late 2011and have yet to find a
way to accomplish this same thing.  We've looked at a number of plug-ins
discussed on the MS Help pages and can't seem to find anything that really
allows you to expand events and capture this level of information... and
although MS Outlook internally allows you to create an "auto-archive" of
the content (Folder:Calendar Properties:AutoArchive) this is naturally in a
proprietary format and you can't actually search the 'archive' without
opening up each item in the folder first.

I won't bother bringing up WHAT calendars of WHICH individuals need to be
retained for HOW long and WHY this requirement exists, but I'm sure others
in the Federal Environment (Agencies and Contractors alike) have an
appreciation of what I'm *NOT* talking about.  Outside of this environment,
I'm sure this is an issue for others when it comes to legal holds, etc when
you may be requested to produce calendars of individuals detailing their
activities.

So my burning question is: HAS ANYONE found a way to do this, and would you
be willing to share what tools, methods or process you're using to do so?

Thanks

Larry

*Lawrence J. Medina Danville, CARIM Professional since 1972*