From:
Jeff Lewis <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 6 Dec 2013 10:59:40 -0500
Good morning List-Serv members,

I am doing some research on digital mailroom initiatives and am curious if
anyone has experience implementing in their organization?  Where I work the
ground work was laid for a digital mailroom before I started (I joined in August
of this year).  Examples of how a digital mailroom foundation is in place include
all faxes are captured electronically instead of being printed and any incoming
paper correspondence is scanned at the point of entry.  These systems were
not setup with a digital mailroom in mind and there are disconnects in the
process.  Even though the paper correspondence is in our electronic record
keeping system and scanned at the point of entry the paper copy is still
delivered and some people still hold onto it for too long.

There are some hard paper copies that we need to keep due to compliance
regulations and requirements from custodians we work with, so I don't believe
that our organization will ever have a truly 100% digital mailroom, but I am
looking for areas where we can make our mail process efficient and was hoping
I could talk to others who have implemented a digital mailroom and gather
lessons learned.

Thanks,
Jeff

___________________________
Jeffrey Lewis
Records Management Program Manager

SOL Capital Management Company
111 Rockville Pike, Ste 750
Rockville, MD 20850
301.881.3727
301.692.1201 (Direct)
301.770.5346 (Fax)
http://www.sol-capital.com

This email and any files transmitted with it are confidential and intended solely
for the use of the individual or entity to whom they are addressed. If you
have received this email in error, please accept our apologies, notify the
sender and delete this message and any files attached. Due to the limitations
of technology, as well as privacy concerns, and for your own protection, we
are unable to accept orders via email or voicemail. Should you need to
communicate instructions pertaining to a securities transaction, please
telephone my office and speak with someone personally.

Due to the limitations of technology, as well as privacy concerns, and for your
own protection, we are unable to accept orders via email or voicemail. Should
you need to communicate instructions pertaining to a securities transaction,
please telephone my office and speak with someone personally.

SOL Capital Management and its associates do not provide legal or tax
advice.  Any tax-related discussion contained in this e-mail, including any
attachments, is not intended or written to be used, and cannot be used, for
the purpose of (i) avoiding any tax penalties or (ii) promoting, marketing, or
recommending to any other party any transaction or matter addressed herein.
Please consult your independent legal counsel and/or professional tax advisor
regarding any legal or tax issues raised in this e-mail.