From:
Hugh Smith <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 7 Dec 2013 15:33:22 -0500
On Dec 7, 2013, at 12:00 AM, RECMGMT-L automatic digest system wrote:

> I would consider the
> act of posting to a public forum as permission to use. In publishing
> academic papers, one does not seek the permission from authors for citing
> their works in your paper, one does, however, give proper credit through
> citations in footnotes and endnotes.
>
> I have not, however, specifically looked for guidance on this from the
> List Moms, who might be the best people to address this question. If I
> ever actually want to publish something, I would seek their opinion first.
>
> (How are those big hounds doing? Not still jumping into the FedEx truck, I
> trust?)
>
> Gary Link
> Pittsburgh, PA

My concern was, would an employer not want to see their name in a footnote if one used the email address in case others wished to pose a question to the person.

But if I simply wrote  1) Gary Link, RECMGMT Listserve Discussion. as a footnote and then used quotes of paraphrasing.  or would the better method be 1) Gary Link, David Steward and Fred Grevin; RECMGMT Listserve Discussion

Peter any suggestions?

The Mastiffs have been terrorizing the seasonal Christmas FedEX and UPS drivers that are new drivers.  The old hands throw the stuff on the porch and drive.  The rookies ring the door bell and then all heck breaks loose. These dogs are about as aggressive as a Diary Cow but they are also the same size and some people don’t like big animals.

Hugh Smith
FIRELOCK Fireproof Modular Vaults
(610)  756-4440    Fax (610)  756-4134
WWW.FIRELOCK.COM