From:
Sharon Burnett <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 17 Dec 2013 13:41:06 -0800
Great idea Hugh!

Why not apply the same thinking as to low-tech items? Really would you ever give your kid a bike still unassembled in the box? Or a guitar with no strings? Half a book? A car with no tires (I know...a big-ticket item, but at Christmas-time why not dream)?
Of course not.

I got my mom 90 year old mother a new microwave. Not the most high-tech of items, but trust me if I show up at her house with said oven in a box yet to be assembled she will never go near it even after I get it all straightened out. Nope - I will have it all ready to go with a big bow on the top. Instructions for use tagged and flagged.
Tried to get mom interested in a tablet of some sort as she loves to read and do crossword puzzles. No go. My dad was the techie in the house. He thought my iPad was about the neatest thing he'd ever seen. We sure looked at many guitars and amps on eBay from his room in the nursing home.

Rock on!
Sharon

Sharon Burnett, CRM
Seattle Washington USA

"If it ain't broke, take it apart and see why. If it is broke, take it apart
and see why."