From:
"Creamer, William" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 20 Dec 2013 21:48:13 +0000
Full disclosure: I haven't passed part 6 yet, but I think the test is very worthwhile, so I'm sticking with it until I pass.

I agree that the mailroom part and the forms part are not very relevant to records management, whether or not any records managers still do them, but I'll leave it to the regents to decide when they should be removed. In my career I've been responsible for both, but not in the past 15 years.

I don't agree on removing the microforms questions.  I think it would be embarrassing to call yourself a records manager and not know what an aperture card was, or what fiche is.  Just because a technology has become less common doesn't mean that a records manager isn't going to have to deal with them, all of them.  There is a lot of tech history sitting in off site storage.

Jesse, a fresh out of college records clerk would not be eligible to take the test, so no worries there.

Bill Creamer
Records & Conflicts Manager
212.728.3448

The above are my opinions, possibly not the same as my employers, who are fantastic!

IMPORTANT NOTICE:  This email message is intended to be received only by persons entitled to receive the confidential information it may contain.  Email messages to clients of Willkie Farr & Gallagher LLP presumptively contain information that is confidential and legally privileged; email messages to non-clients are normally confidential and may also be legally privileged.  Please do not read, copy, forward or store this message unless you are an intended recipient of it.  If you have received this message in error, please forward it back.  Willkie Farr & Gallagher LLP is a limited liability partnership organized in the United States under the laws of the State of Delaware, which laws limit the personal liability of partners.