From:
"Elizabeth W. Adkins, CRM, CA" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 17 Jan 2014 13:33:26 -0500
Please join the Northern Virginia chapter of ARMA for our February 2014
chapter meeting.  Our program theme for this Chapter Season is “eRecords
and Information Governance, leaving the paper paradigm behind.”  Our speaker
for February's meeting is Don Lueders, CRM, CDIA. Mr. Lueders will speak
about Next Generation Records Management.

The explosive growth of information technology over the last three decades -
and the corresponding tidal wave of newly created recorded information - has
been both a blessing and a curse for those of us in the Records Management
profession. And yet, in many ways, we behave as if things haven’t really
changed all that much.  We often talk about managing electronically stored
information and leveraging the latest technologies, but subconsciously many
of us are still thinking in terms of paper-based solutions.  That paradigm has
not been relevant for a very long time and we must separate ourselves from it
and embrace the new (often better) methodologies that modern technologies
provide. Change of this kind is never easy, but I believe there are a few
simple, yet powerful ways we can make this happen quite quickly and I’d like
to provide them to you at the next ARMA NoVA meeting.

About our Speaker:

Don Lueders is a Certified Records Manager (CRM) and a Certified Document
and Imaging Architect (CDIA) with over 20 years of Enterprise Content and
Records Management (ECRM) experience. Don is the founder and president of
HarborPoint Information Management, LLC, a leading provider of products and
services helping customers implement ECRM solutions in a Microsoft
ecosystem.  Don has worked extensively with numerous records and
information lifecycle management products and has been working closely with
SharePoint since initially supporting the Microsoft development team as they
began to integrate records management functionality into their MOSS 07
platform.

Prior to founding HarborPoint, Don was Director of Compliance Products at a
leading SharePoint ECRM products and services company. Don is the owner
and author of the popular blog, SharepointRecordsManagement.com, an
internationally recognized resource for SharePoint information lifecycle
management.  Don is also a founding author and administrator of the online
forum, NextGenRM.org, a website dedicated to providing news and
commentary on meeting the records and information management challenges
of the modern era.

Logistics:

DATE:  Wednesday, February 5, 2014

TIME:
6:00 PM  Registration
6:30 PM  Dinner
7:30 PM  Program

PLACE:
Clyde's of Tysons Corner 8332 Leesburg Pike, Vienna, VA (703) 734-1901

PARKING:  Free at the restaurant

METRO:  	Dunn Loring-Merrifield station plus a ten to fifteen minute cab ride

COST:  $25.00 Member or Government Employee, $30.00 Non-Member

Register at https://co.clickandpledge.com/advanced/default.aspx?wid=32497