From:
"Mark H. Hoover" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 5 Feb 2014 14:40:38 +0000
I am in the processing of developing procedures for the disposal of paper records once they have been scanned into our records management system.  Our proposed policy states that the paper record becomes a convenience copy and the electronic version becomes the record copy ( after appropriate QA and assurance of writing to tape backup). What I was wondering is do you require that the convenience copies be routed through the records management office for disposal or do you let the end users dispose of the paper themselves (with appropriate guidelines and methods)?  I know there is the matter of the cost of appropriate shredders for each end user area, but aside from cost, what was the thinking in shaping your policy?

Mark H. Hoover, CRM, CIP, CDIA+
Records Information Manager
City of Sugar Land, Tx
(281) 275-2202