From:
Peter Kurilecz <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 5 Mar 2014 09:20:48 -0600
are we talking about the actual physical destruction of the backup tapes or
the destruction of the data on the tapes via the writing over the data?
as for the tape rotation schedule policy all I can say is Trust, but
verify. There are, I suspect, numerous examples out there of organizations
who have tape rotation schedule policies in place, but many times they
aren't followed. The failure isn't discovered until a subpoena hits the
desk.

--
Peter Kurilecz CRM CA IGP
Dallas, Texas