From:
"Elizabeth W. Adkins, CRM, CA" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 25 Mar 2014 13:20:57 -0400
Please join the Northern Virginia chapter of ARMA for our April 2014 chapter
meeting.  Our program theme for this Chapter Season is “eRecords and
Information Governance, leaving the paper paradigm behind.”  Our speaker for
April’s meeting is Robert J. Van Hooser, JD. Rob Van Hooser is an attorney and
will speak about Helping you to better see your organization’s views of
Information and of Governance.

Information Governance and Records professionals are alternatively challenged
to be ready for Legal Discovery, technology changes, and budget cuts.  It is
very often difficult to know if we are “vital to the well-being of the enterprise”
or “irrelevant in the age of Google searches.”  It is important to be able to do
self-assessments of who you are, what you do, and how well you do it.  This
discussion will provide an Informaic view of organizational information and a
framework for assessment of your position, your team, your mission, and your
organization’s view of, and commitment to, governing its information.

About our Speaker:

Rob Van Hooser is an attorney with an extensive legal practice background
who has pioneered the Informaic approach to organizational information.  The
Informaic approach emphasizes the importance of governing and managing the
totality of the organization’s information and its activities which impact or are
impacted by information while recognizing the interdependence of various
components, forms, and formats.  Over the past 16 years Rob has
successfully managed projects and advised and assisted clients, in a variety
of industries and government agencies.  Rob is the architect of, and has
successfully employed, the comprehensive multi-functional Informaic Approach
and methodology that addresses assessment, planning, preparation, and
implementation across the six substantive elements.
.

Logistics:
DATE:  Wednesday, April 2, 2013

TIME:
6:00 PM  Registration
6:30 PM  Dinner
7:30 PM  Program

PLACE:  Clyde's of Tysons Corner 8332 Leesburg Pike, Vienna, VA (703) 734-
1901

PARKING:  Free at the restaurant

METRO:  Dunn Loring-Merrifield station plus a ten to fifteen minute cab ride

COST:  $25.00 Member or Government Employee, $30.00 Non-Member

Register at https://co.clickandpledge.com/advanced/default.aspx?wid=32497