From:
mwhaider <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 9 Jun 2014 22:26:40 -0400
​Steve,

Your response seems to be a knee-jerk reaction to something and someone
unfamiliar to you.  Perhaps that is not what you intended but email doesn’t
convey the author’s thoughts. However, Robert’s posting included a link
that very quickly answered your questions.  I think Robert was considerate
of the RecMgmt ListServ community by not including all the information that
is found by clicking on the link he provided.  This could be a lesson for
all of usJ

I am familiar with Robert Smallwood and his book “Managing Electronic
Records”.  I have attended his corresponding Basic and Advanced classes.  I
will not reiterate all the details that are described in the information on
his website, but I will point out that Robert is using an innovative
training model that uses streaming audio and video as well as slides and
whiteboard visuals.  His training is open and interactive with live,
attendee questions and comments.  His presentation is unpretentious but
solid – Robert knows what he is talking about.  All this without the burden
of travel expenses and time; it is well worth the 3 days/5 hours each to
absorb and discuss the information; and, 14 Certification Maintenance
Points for CRM’s.  I’ve been in this business since 1980 and I am still
learning!

To be fair, I am a colleague of Robert’s as we are both associated with
Imerge Consulting.  Robert is focused on writing and training, and I am
focused on helping clients establish their framework for managing their
records and information.  I’m looking forward to his classes on Information
Governance.

Mary

Mary W. Haider, MBA, CRM
Records & Information Manager and Consultant
865-983-1371