From:
Bruce White <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 11 Jun 2014 08:52:11 -0400
Here is another example of why I have a hard time jumping on the IG
bandwagon.  In the June 2014 Washington Policy Brief there is an article
with this headline:
"VA Scandal Highlights Information Governance Failures" (
http://bit.ly/1oNfC6G)

Actually no this was a records management failure.  From the VA IG's report
and and whistle-blowers' the real problem was false and poor record-keeping
practices. Records were fabricated and two sets of books were being
maintained. Remarkably the first paragraph in the article alludes to the
need for a records management program and later on calls for the need of a
"Chief Records Officer" for each federal agency.  Appears that even within
our professional association there is some confusion.

Bruce White, CRM, PMP
Virginia Beach, VA
e-mail: [log in to unmask]
LinkedIn:  http://www.linkedin.com/in/bblanco

*"Life is like riding a bicycle. To keep your balance you must keep
moving." -- Albert Einstein*