From:
Peter Kurilecz <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 12 Jun 2014 22:23:31 -0500
National Archives departure impacts broad community | Alaska Public Media

Porco is looking for information for his series of plays on life in the
Aleutians during World War II. He says the archives do more than just store
history, they inspire creativity. “I’m trying to get as a clear a picture
of what it’s like to live and be there at that time.”

The National Archives and Records Administration officials say they’re
closing the facility’s doors because of low numbers of visitors — only 352
per year on average since 2009. More than half of the reference requests
are written. Closing the facility and transferring about 75 percent of the
holdings to Seattle will save NARA about $500,000 per year.

http://bit.ly/SRYxML

Source:
http://www.alaskapublic.org/2014/06/10/national-archives-departure-impacts-broad-community/
See if people are clicking on this link: http://bit.ly/SRYxML+
Try the bitly.com sidebar to see who is talking about a page on the web:
https://bitly.com/pages/sidebar

--
Peter Kurilecz CRM CA IGP
Dallas, Texas