Date:
Wed, 18 Jun 2014 12:08:52 -0500
Saving old software from extinction in the age of cloud computing | Ars
Technica
When future historians look back at cloud computing, there will be nothing
but a big, black hole. The few scraps of client-side code they have will
not work without authentication and data from a long-dead server, and
that's if they're lucky.

All of this means the current crisis of record keeping is unlike any other
time in history. Books leave paper, movies leave film, and software on
physical media is so resilient that it can be buried, dug up decades later
<http://arstechnica.com/gaming/2014/04/landfill-excavation-unearths-years-of-crushed-atari-treasure/>,
and still have a chance of working. The tenants of cloud computing make
software completely dependent on a single point of failure in the cloud,
and we have no mechanism in place for preserving this software when we are
done with it.

http://bit.ly/UbAHMX

Source:
http://arstechnica.com/gadgets/2014/06/saving-old-software-from-extinction-in-the-age-of-cloud-computing/
See if people are clicking on this link: http://bit.ly/UbAHMX+
Try the bitly.com sidebar to see who is talking about a page on the web:
https://bitly.com/pages/sidebar