From:
Larry Medina <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 18 Jun 2014 10:29:31 -0700
On Wed, Jun 18, 2014 at 9:19 AM, Jesse Wilkins <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

> To further Brian's point, specific extensions could include but not be
> limited to .mp3, .mp4, .wma, .wmv. There are others, such as .mid/midi,
> .aiff, etc. - but the four I listed are probably the most common today.

Right... because organizations don't have any sound or video files that are
records =)

I'm not sure the concept of excluding files based on a type/extension is
all that viable in determining if they are a record or not.

We have a group here that does tons of design work for presentations and
proposals used for funding requests, many of these include embedded video
and sound files that are independently records, as well as the presentation
files they reside in, because they are "stock" items, re-used multiple
times, for different audiences.

I seriously doubt we are unique in this respect.

Larry

*Lawrence J. Medina Danville, CARIM Professional since 1972*