From:
Larry Medina <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 15 Jul 2014 11:32:59 -0700
"Office of Record" is a tough term to get your arms around in certain
settings.  If you have a functional retention schedule, records is a given
series can be spread across an organization, so without a full "RIDS" (and
few use these any longer) that ties records belonging to a series to a
custodian organization, this becomes as difficult as nailing Jello to a
tree.

Likewise, in an electronic system of records, aside from metadata
associating specific content aligned with a series to a custodian
organization, it's like chasing lightning.

Also, the tying a lifecycle issue to an office of record can be problematic
when it comes to placing a destruction hold on information... if you're
trying to allow say, the legal or compliance group to do this (unless they
are assigned permissions to access and modify the state of any/all
content).

YEAH... this, along with many other things don't seem to be considered in
the "eyegee model".  Things in RIM don't always comply with a lineal
process.

Larry

--

*Lawrence J. MedinaDanville, CA RIM Professional since 1972*