From:
Larry Medina <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 21 Jul 2014 18:18:50 -0700
On Mon, Jul 21, 2014 at 1:22 PM, Peter Kurilecz <[log in to unmask]>
wrote:

> On Mon, Jul 21, 2014 at 1:47 PM, Charlie Sodano <
> [log in to unmask]> wrote:
>
> >  However for many "lurkers" and non-club members these kinds of
> ponderings
> > would best be posted elsewhere where they could be accessible to the
> club.
> >  The flavor of "ponderings" is often what I see and post myself on social
> > media like FB and Pinterest.
> >

> a recmgmt-ot yahoo group was established and tried years ago for that
> purpose. it died from lack of use.
>
> the reason for using subject tags is so that folks can set up rules to
> automagically delete such messages

Even though it's been essentially dormant for 5 years, it's still up and
running

Naturally, if you take the list in digest form,  you're wading through all
of the messages, both on and off topic to get from end to end.... but if
you take it direct, the subject line is there, so you can elect to simply
not open, and delete, all the messages that are of little interest to you.

I just got back to work after 9 days away, my RECMGMT-L messages all go
into a folder, and it took me about 5-10 minutes to select and delete 320
of the 357 messages received that weren't of interest.  Another 5 to open
and delete others that sounded interesting, but for one or another reason,
weren't.... and that left me with 20 to read.

Larry

*Lawrence J. Medina Danville, CARIM Professional since 1972*