From:
John Guthrie <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 23 Oct 2014 17:38:14 +0000
>Hold onto yer hats, cowpokes.... this here ride is about to get a LOT MORE interesting!
>It was the executives who were in place at the time decisions were made to NOT SPEND the money allocated in a rate case for safety issues and system upgrades.  And these SAME >executives had been granted stock options that they exercised and later sold after they "golden parachuted" out, resulting in HUGE profits... and also resulted in them no longer BEING >STOCKHOLDERS.... so they receive NO penalties for their selfish, money grubbing, irresponsible actions.

Come on Larry, tell us how you really feel about this - let's not hold back now!

By the way,  I do agree with your sentiments on this - the decision makers seem to avoid any consequences for their actions far too frequently. What really gets my goat is how often the companies get away with palming these settlement costs off to the rate payers who are the real victims in IMHO in this. First they get blown up, then have their rates increased to pay for the damages.

John Guthrie
City Clerk Records Manager
City of Oceanside
300 North Coast Highway