From:
"Starck, Brian" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 14 Nov 2014 15:49:07 -0700
I've been touting Denver for a few years now.  People at ARMA are probably sick of hearing from me!!  But I'll add a couple more to Jesse's list.

- Convention center is downtown, blocks from the 16th street mall (lots of shopping, movies, comedy club)
- We will have commuter rail from DIA to downtown in 2016, no need for a taxi or rental car
- Free mall shuttle the entire length of 16th street
- 3 other chapters within a few hours of Denver (I've asked, they would be interested in helping)
- Walking distance to the Fine Arts district if you want to take in a live show, right next door to the convention center
- Light rail to a Broncos game (we welcome bandwagon fans, but not Raider fans LARRY MEDINA!)
- Walking distance to Coors Field (though the Rockies are usually done in July, but you never know)
- Walking/light rail to the Pepsi Center for concerts

Brian K. Starck, CRM, CIP, IGP, CEDS
Enterprise Records and Information Manager

Regional Transportation District
1560 Broadway Suite 1099 Denver, CO 80202 | RTD MC: DPB-102
303.299.2177 (O) | 303.299.6197 (F) | 720.253.3662 (C)

Well, Denver did host 1 ARMA conference. Why it hasn't come back I have no
idea:

- Centrally located to all of North America
- Major airport hub
- Significant renovations to the convention center in last 10 years, quadrupling its size (not that ARMA needs that much exhibit space any more)
- Lots of large hotels that are *also* capable of hosting a conference
- Significantly cheaper than most recent ARMA host cities
- Big host chapter (who I'm sure will love that I am volunteering them hehe)
- Lots of stuff to do downtown - arts center, sports, etc.
- Microbrew capitol of the US and increasingly known for our wines and spirits also

Biggest challenge is that our average first snowfall is around mid-October, but having a late Sept/early Oct ARMA would probably eliminate that as an issue

So....uh....anyone?

--
Regards,

Jesse Wilkins, CIP, CRM, IGP