From:
Bruce White <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 19 Nov 2014 09:45:43 -0500
Jesse,

Interesting that you bring up AIIM - I received a note from the
organization my inbox last night pointing me to a White Paper on the
topic.  Snippets from the Executive Summary....

<snip>
We hate information governance. We love information governance. Wait,
it’s data governance. Everyone needs to do it. No one is “really”
doing it. It’s just records management in disguise. It sounds an awful
lot like enterprise content management. It doesn’t matter to the
C-suite. You need to make it matter to the C-suite. It’s boring. It’s
exciting. It’s hard.

Ultimately, conversations about Information Governance need to change:
- It's not just information governance, it's information security.
- It's not just Information governance, it's information simplicity.
- It's not just information governance, it's information value.
<snip>

I haven't had a chance to thoroughly read the white paper yet from by
a cursory review the finding indicates what many of us have been
saying - there is much of confusion on what Information Governance
really is.  IG really is in the eyes of the beholder.  If we can't
really define it at our level how do we expect to explain at the
C-Level.

Bruce White, CRM, PMP
Virginia Beach, VA
e-mail: [log in to unmask]
LinkedIn:  http://www.linkedin.com/in/bblanco

"Life is like riding a bicycle. To keep your
balance you must keep moving." -- Albert Einstein