Date:
Wed, 19 Nov 2014 20:48:52 -0500
I was just reminded by this discussion that I have a number of years working with non-profit orgs.since leaving the records management industry. Why in the heck have I not thought about records retention training for non-profits? DUH!.  I train about starting  a NP, seeking funding and board development but do not include RIM. Shame on  me.
You might ask: how do I know all this stuff about NP's . Well, in 2000 I started a NP, managed it, wrote grants for it until 2006 when I retired. But over the past several years I have done training as there are so many folks who start a NP or want to and have no clue on the management requirments, etc.

Steve, I do stress to them that a NP is Business and it must be run as a business. Period. Same principals apply and there can be no "dipping in the till" or less than arms length transactions.

Trudy M. Phillips
Business Consultant
Leeds AL 35094
Office: 205-699-8571