From:
"Seibolt, Robert" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 21 Nov 2014 14:51:38 +0000
Phil asked:
Regarding taking CRM exams 1 through 5, when you sat for your exam, did any of you take more than 1 exam during an exam period. If so, how many did you take, did you find it manageable, and would you recommend doing so?

Phil I would echo Brett and Jason's comments. I also took Mark Langemo's advice as Bill mentioned. I matched up similar sections and took two per day. I took the five sections over the course of three days. I also matched up strong and weaker sections in a day if possible. In the worst case scenario, you will likely get a win each day as a confident builder. You can also strategize your toughest section. Will it be easier to take if you take a related section in the morning and the tougher section in the afternoon? Or should you hold what you expect as the toughest section and take it by itself one day?

I took one test before lunch and one after. Having a meal break in between helped me regroup, relax, and review.  One funny point about passing the last test. I took the last section in the morning and went to lunch at a restaurant. I sat down and then remembered I had left my parts 1-5 CRM study materials in the car and would have to go back and get them. Then it dawned on me after studying for 9 months and having my prep materials with me at all times, I could finally take a little break before going after part 6. Studying had become an ingrained habit.

I guess my final advice summarizing all of the above is, "To thine own self be true".

Rob Seibolt, CRM
Supervisor Records Management
Kansas City, MO

http://www.mriglobal.org

This message is intended exclusively for the individual or entity to which it is addressed. This communication may contain information that is confidential, proprietary, privileged or otherwise legally exempt from disclosure. If you have received this message in error, please notify the sender immediately by facsimile, e-mail or phone and delete all copies of the message.