From:
Luciana Duranti <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 20 Dec 2014 09:13:12 -0800
Maybe not.  Maybe the system they rely upon is like People Soft, sitting on the database of Moscow residents, which probably is not a record but contains complete records of each resident.  One would have to know how the thing works.  As I said, it depends.  Is the Christmas card students sent me with a diplomatic analysis of its content a record? Yes, if it is filed with the records of that class to remind myself that obviously one of the concepts was not clear and had to cover it again with them, as records take their nature from their relationship with other records. No, it I put it over my desk. Clay tablets, paper, digital, the concepts do not change.  The outcome of their application does.

I also would like this opportunity to send everyone my warmest wishes for the holiday season.

Luciana

Dr. Luciana Duranti
Chair and Professor | Archival Studies
School of Library, Archival, and  Information Studies
The University of British Columbia | The Irving K. Barber Learning Centre