From:
Hugh Smith <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 9 Jan 2015 11:14:48 -0500
> Date: January 8, 2015 at 6:12:23 PM EST
> From: Elizabeth Cousins <[log in to unmask] <mailto:[log in to unmask]>>
> Subject: Re: This would be an area where RM's could step up
>

> Great idea Hugh, kudos!… what would be the next steps?
>
> Elizabeth Cousins

That’s the great part……Larry Medina helped write the Standard Records Storage Agreement along with some other records managers so he knows just who could help him with this. Then add in Fred Grevin as his Requests for Quotation are as precise as I have ever seen. So I know the skill sets are there.  Peter could then use his expertise with RAIN to broadcast this set of criteria for Cloud Storage.

I would also suggest looking at European Standards as they are ahead of the U.S. on protection of PII. You also need a Canadian as they were the first to develop a PIPEDA law so we would need that Top Gun.

So that All Star Team could write a Standard Outline and then Fred is tight with ISO so he knows their requirements.  Then you talk to NIST.

Avoid talking to computer guys early on as they always do the same thing…. they want to write something that favors their products not the User.

I now have to shut down my Internet Connection and turn off my computer so Larry and Fred don’t send me a virus attack.

Hugh Smith
FIRELOCK Fireproof Modular Vaults
(610)  756-4440    Fax (610)  756-4134
WWW.FIRELOCK.COM