From:
Carolyn Harris <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 27 Jan 2015 20:11:35 +0000
If you will permit one last interjection and question, from a lurker pried out of hiding...

What about data?  Specifically, scientific data?  In bits and pieces in a database or in a so-called "data set," is each datum a record and is it/can it be scheduled the same as other records?  I am new to my department (Environment Yukon), and relatively new to RIM still, but it doesn't take long to find out that the biologists' (as yet unscheduled) data is "THEIR" professional data, to be collected, analysed, stored and used for decades... and decades.  Longitudinal studies, etc.

Anyone else working with scientific data who could lend their opinions or experiences?

Thank you!

Carolyn Harris
Departmental Records Officer
Environment Yukon