From:
Peter Kurilecz <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 9 Feb 2015 21:39:49 -0600
On Mon, Feb 9, 2015 at 6:33 PM, Jon Soderlund <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

> Our Policy is for Pleadings and correspondence, once those are scanned,
> they can be recycled. All other case material will remain in the case file
> until closing.   At closing, materials that are items of record are kept
> for
> storage for 7 years, others are recycled at that time.   The 2 offices have
> nothing at all going to storage in the last 2 years as they don't save any
> thing. That is my concern.
>
> are they scanning everything and destroying the hard copy after scanning
and QC. If that is the case that would explain why nothing is being sent to
storage. Yes it is disconcerting that no hardcopy records are sent to
storage, but more troubling is the following

1. are they using the same imaging system?
2. are they using the same file naming convention or did each office come
up with their own
3. are backups made of the scanned files?
4. what is the security setup?

the lack of hardcopy records in offsite storage is just the tip of the
iceberg. I think an audit/compliance report is necessary. I would also find
out why other offices are not doing any imaging.

--
Peter Kurilecz CRM CA IGP
Dallas, Texas