From:
Stephen Smith <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 27 Mar 2015 14:28:38 +0000
"If someone doesn't coordinate the efforts of Records, IT, Legal, and other groups, the enterprise suffers.  There are redundancies, ineffectiveness, and lost synergies.
Practicing IG is difficult.  There are many obstacles -- including personality types and communication styles -- as I detailed to the Utah-Salt Lake City ARMA Chapter last week.  The IGP must be an ambassador, mediator, and sociologist, as well as a damn fine records practitioner.  The IGP must speak at least three languages: records-talk, legalese, and technobabble.  Few people are polylinguists who can motivate all sides to pull together for the good of the enterprise."

Colleagues:

Gordy's comments above are basically the point I was trying to make yesterday, from the RIM Manager perspective.  I think all seasoned RIM Managers have been working for a very long time as ambassadors and mediators between Legal, IT, Data Governance, Finance, and the entire organization.  I have been doing this for a long time dealing with a lot of interesting personalities and communication styles both domestically and internationally.  I think RIM Managers (and not just Managers) with or without the CRM can speak the language of records, legal, and IT.  I know I do because I work with these groups and many others every day.  How long have we heard tales about how RIM needs to work with IT and Legal?  I can remember those conversations dating back to when I was first entered the world of RIM, long before IG was introduced.

That is my opinion and I am sticking to it as well!

Thanks, Steve

Stephen A. Smith, MLIS, CRM, CIP, CDIA+
Manager, Corporate Records
QVC, Inc.  Compliance Audit
O:484.701.1559
F:484.701.1021
C:484.905.2517
E:[log in to unmask]
A:Studio Park, 1200 Wilson Dr., MC207, West Chester, PA, 19380-4262

This message (including any attachments) contains confidential information intended for a specific individual and purpose, and is protected by law. This e-mail may also contain (a) information subject to the attorney/client privilege, or (b) attorney work product. If you are not the intended recipient of this e-mail (even if the e-mail address above is yours), (i) you may not use, copy or retransmit it, (ii) please delete this message and (iii) please notify the sender immediately. Any disclosure, copying, or distribution of this message or the taking of any action based on it, is strictly prohibited.