From:
Larry Medina <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 31 Mar 2015 21:05:50 -0700
On Tue, Mar 31, 2015 at 4:38 PM, charlene martin <[log in to unmask]>
wrote:

> I am looking at fire-resistant high-density ones, likely a Ulrich:
>
> https://www.google.com/search?q=vertical+plan+file+cabinets&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8#q=vertical+plan+file+cabinets&tbm=shop&spd=14219316096388769320
>
> I know the filing cabinet and hanging file itself is likely not archival
> and acid-free, but I don't know of a similar vertical system that is
> archival, that doesn't "pinch" the plan/blueprint in order to hold it
> vertically in place. I am hoping to substitute the hanging file with an
> acid-free version.
>
> Flat files were my first choice, but I don't know of any fireproof ones. If
> anyone knows of any, please feel free to post!

I used these to house architectural and engineering drawings on a variety
of substrates.  We had 12 of them in multiple sizes and found them very
serviceable. The only negative was shorter staff had a hard time pulling
contents from the back of the larger files without a step stool.

And it was especially difficult if we filled the pouches to capacity. so
instead, we purchased additional pouches and filled them less. It reduced
the overall storage capacity by about 10%, but it was worth it.

In all fairness, I must state that after I left the firm and started a
consulting business, I sold Ulrich Planfiles and other records protection
equipment and services. But I'm no longer brokering their products.

Larry
--
Larry

*----Lawrence J. MedinaDanville, CARIM Professional since 1972*