From:
Bruce White <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 2 Apr 2015 13:40:45 -0400
That was my first thought after reading the document - why is email
treated as a record series?  Maybe someone at NARA or in the federal
government requires agencies to develop schedules based on media and
not the content.  Has always puzzled me and I am sure others as well.

The schedule includes the following transfer instructions  - "Agencies
are to transfer the messages to NARA after 15 years."  Good luck with
that approach.  How many agencies have the capacity let alone ability
to migrate the messages as Microsoft, Google and other vendors change
their software?  I suspect not that many.

Bruce White, CRM, PMP
Radnor, PA
e-mail: [log in to unmask]
LinkedIn:  http://www.linkedin.com/in/bblanco

"Life is like riding a bicycle. To keep your
balance you must keep moving." -- Albert Einstein