From:
"Toner, Alex John" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 1 May 2015 15:29:58 +0000
I'm going to provide some deviation from this cyclical IG v. RM debate with the following question I hope someone can assist me with:

Is anyone performing in-house microfiche digitization that can recommend or provide some insight as to scanner hardware your organization has purchased and uses? I've looked into outsourcing the project, however the cost has led to me re-evaluate. In addition to the fiche being targeted now we have a huge volume of fiche we may consider digitizing at some point down the road. It may prove to be more cost effective to purchase our own hardware rather than outsourcing.

Thoughts on hardware, vendors, etc...?

Alex J. Toner
Archives & Records Manager
Office of the University Registrar