From:
Bruce White <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 13 May 2015 13:48:22 -0400
I believe there are legitimate purposes for the cloud such as
collaboration with many different parties.  But I don't consider the
cloud to be the solution for everything.

I recently worked for an Information Security Officer.  I can say that
ISO community has concerns with the cloud whether they are using one
of the big boys or even small firms.  Every system can be hacked
unless it is totally isolated. Google, Amazon and others have some of
the best security in the world but that doesn't mean they are immune.
To PKs note about breaches - I am betting we are only aware of a few
of them; both the cloud provider and business affected don't want to
publicize an event.  It is bad for business.

And yes due diligence is important.  But just as critical is what you
are using the services for.  An organization really needs to consider
what type of data and records they want to store with the provider
(e.g. PII, PHI and confidential corporate.). If possible include in
your T&Cs who is responsible for what in case a breach does occur. And
whether you are maintaining the data/records in-house or with a cloud
provider consider purchasing insurance.

Just my thoughts on a windy and cloudy day in Philly...

Bruce White, CRM, PMP
Radnor, PA
e-mail: [log in to unmask]
LinkedIn:  http://www.linkedin.com/in/bblanco

"Life is like riding a bicycle. To keep your
balance you must keep moving." -- Albert Einstein