From:
Karen L Printz <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 22 May 2015 12:59:23 -0400
It has been a long time since I posted so I thought I would reintroduce
myself.  I have been in Records & Information Management for most of my
career first with a gas utility and now with the merged Gas and Electric
utility.

We are implementing a new phone system for our customer service reps.  This
system will allow us to record customer calls and will be used by
management for quality checks and coaching of the Customer Service reps.
I was asked to benchmark how long other companies keep the recorded
telephone messages.   The only regulation can I find is to inform the
customer that their call may be recorded, which we do.

 I am looking for guidance on the following

 Am I missing any regulation....

 How long do you retain and if it is not to meet a regulation, what is the
 justification

 I appreciate and welcome a discussion.  Thank you

  .
Karen L. Printz, CRM
Records & Information Management
DTE Energy