From:
Bruce White <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 18 Jun 2015 15:01:26 -0400
Glenn,

Yesterday you asked "They hacked the system. Could they or did they change
anything?  Or is this just data gathering.   This is data for background
info. Someone wanting to do us harm could potentially be given a gold
pass.  HMM should we be worried?"

The last paragraph essentially answers your question - they aren't sure and
may not for years.  Not good news if you are a government employee.

What scares me in the push for electronic medical records.  Everything I
have read indicates that security is not necessarily on the top of
priorities when rolling out these systems.  The FBI and other organizations
in the know state that "bad buys" see access to these systems as a pot of
gold.  Lots of money to be made filing false claims.  Like the fake tax
returns once the payment is made very difficult to claw back the dollars.

Bruce White, CRM, PMP
Radnor, PA
e-mail: [log in to unmask]
LinkedIn:  http://www.linkedin.com/in/bblanco

"Life is like riding a bicycle. To keep your
balance you must keep moving." -- Albert Einstein