Date:
Tue, 18 Aug 2015 07:53:46 -0500
Earlier this year, Gawker Media sued the State Department over its response
to a Freedom of Information Act request we filed in 2013, in which we
sought emails exchanged between reporters at 33 news outlets and Philippe
Reines, the former deputy assistant secretary of state and aggressive
defender of Hillary Clinton. Over two years ago, the department claimed
that “no records responsive to your request were located”—a baffling
assertion, given Reines’ well-documented correspondence with journalists.
Late last week, however, the State Department came up with a very different
answer: It had located an estimated 17,000 emails responsive to Gawker’s
request.

http://bit.ly/1NgFLYV
http://bit.ly/1NgFLYV+

--