From:
Jim Booth <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 28 Sep 2015 20:36:31 +0000
Daan - International building codes are one resource but I'm sure they won't have complete blueprints. Applicable protection requirements for records will be codified in Georgian law. If there are none, consider the protection requirements in other countries that can be used to modify basic commodity protection in a warehouse occupancy). Concepts like commercial records center compartmentation that is represented in NFPA 232 represent an attempt to balance records protection, workflow and density. Archival spaces warrant more robust protection strategies than commercial records management spaces. There is a chart that identifies those differences in NFPA 232. The guidelines you mention from PRISM International discuss these balancing factors. Archival associations also have guidelines for permanent archival spaces. I know Canada's facility document is available online but I don't remember any associated blueprint. The European archival discipline may have additional resources, as well. You may also want to download Iron Mountain's full scale fire test, which you will find in the members only section of the PRISM International website.

Maybe a good place to look for sample records center blueprints might be international racking vendors that service the Republic of Georgia. I am not familiar with Georgian, Turkish, or Russian firms that may be engaged in the market; I suspect firms like REB, Schaefer and Dexion may have the capability of servicing the market. (Note this is a limited list, check with all racking vendors in the region to see whether they have a sample blueprint.) Larger or more specialized firms are likely to have material handling design experts on their staff who can assist with facility design since it is a fairly common practice for racking firms to work with blueprints to demonstrate racking options. You should be able to find contact information for these and other firms online.

Hope this helps,

Jim Booth
Records & Information Management Practice Leader

Brightstone Insurance Services, LLC
Direct – 919.323.3266
Direct Fax – 914.636.0802
Main - 877.862.4755 x 3266
www.brightstoneins.com

Please Note: Coverage cannot be placed, bound or altered without confirmation from a Brightstone Representative.