From:
Shannon Sobota <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 2 Mar 2016 15:21:41 -0500
Hello -

I'm looking for information on how to scan and quantify the e-records we
have across several shared drives.  I'd like to be able to quickly identify
records that haven't been touched in over a certain period of time, records
that have been viewed more than x times in a time period, and duplicates
(or something like these).  I am sure there are software packages out
there that can do that, but I don't have any experience with them.

Have any of you done this sort of appraisal with an eye to reducing the
total size of our electronic information?  Is the cost saving (in uploading all
of the information to the cloud vs. only updating unique and valuable
records to the cloud) worth it?

Thanking all of you in advance.

Shannon Sobota