From:
Peter Kurilecz <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 5 Apr 2016 16:05:58 -0500
Back when I worked for a certain large software company when going on
assignment to a company to help them implement our ECM/ERMS application the
client (usually IT) would always ask who needs to be a part of this. I
would always ask that Records Management be included. This was a way to get
the two groups to talking and colloborate with each other. In only one
engagement did the Records Manager decline saying " I set the policies you
just implement them". very shortsighted. In almost all of the engagements
the IT folks got a greater understanding of what RM was about and the RM
folks got to understand why IT couldn't just wave a magic wand.

What was difficult was getting the RM side to understand that they now had
an opportunity to improve their processes by taking advantage of the
technology. Don't just force a paper-based process onto an electronic
application. Relook at the process and improve it.

On Mon, Apr 4, 2016 at 2:42 PM, Steward, David <