Date:
Sun, 17 Jul 2016 11:10:51 -0500
Poorly created documents end up becoming records without integrity,
authenticity and reliability, states Paul Mullon, MD at COR Concepts. If
the mass of documents and records that exist within an organisation are
managed incorrectly, it could cost millions as customers and staff cannot
access the information they need, when they need it. "In an age of privacy
legislation and corporate governance, a significant proportion of
information is `unstructured'. Failure to properly create, capture, manage,
store and protect this information is expensive, inefficient and risky, at
best, and potentially criminal at worst." He believes that developing a
cohesive, integrated information governance framework – which includes data,
documents and records ? is a critical first starting point. "This should
define the rules, principles and conventions by which information should be
managed."

http://bit.ly/29G4F44
http://bit.ly/29G4F44+

--