From:
Christopher Ferry <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 4 Dec 2016 20:17:00 -0500
This sounds like a wonderful position. Sadly, I'm currently not in a place
in my life where I can relocate to DC.

Does any one else have potential qualms about taking an RM position in
DoJ's Office of Civil Rights at same time as the change of administration?
I have to admit I think there'd be a potential conflict between
professional standards and possible orders from a Jeff Sessions-managed
DoJ. As Records Management professionals, we have to be aware of our
responsibilities not just to supervisors, the organization, and (as a
government employee) to the American people, but also our responsibility to
history.

What do you-all think? If you were to get this position (or other RM
position in the Trump administration), what pro-active steps would you
expect to take to follow professional standards? Or do you think that RM in
the new administration will be business-as-usual?

I'm not trying to be Democrat vs. Republican here. I think many folks can
agree that the incoming administration has important differences from many
previous administrations. The potential clash of cultures in a Office of
Civil Rights under Senator Sessions seems one of the biggest potential
problem areas.

-Christopher Ferry, CRM