From:
Chad Doran <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 20 Apr 2017 11:21:35 -0400
All,

A question has come up in my organization regarding the retention period
for source documentation (checks, invoices, POs) supporting the acquisition
costs of capital assets.

Our current retention period and regulatory requirements state that these
be retained for Fiscal Year + 4.  However, that policy is being questioned,
and it has been suggested that these records be retained for the life of the
asset + 4.  Obviously, this is a significantly longer retention period for
some assets!

I would appreciate if you could share your approach to retaining this type
of information.

Any feedback is much appreciated!

Thanks,
Chad Doran, PhD, CRM
Enterprise Records and Information Manager
Johns Hopkins University Applied Physics Lab