From:
Renee O'Neal <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 1 Jun 2017 17:23:23 -0400
Hi - Renee O'Neal, Babcock & Wilcox in Barberton, OH.    Can say, Vinegar Syndrome can be
really bad.    Lots of articles on it.    Slow down by cold temps - can't be stopped.    We had
some aperture cards and microfilm that had it.   Anything before 1986 is acetate - anything
after is usually polyester.   Acetate is subject to developing it.  It is a disease and can transfer
- keep away from all your other film or microforms.    Check with Crowley company and Iron
Mountain - I believe (and probably a host of other companies) can help you .   Make sure
whatever equipment you use you clean, or it will infect the next roll, aperture card, etc. that is
on the equipment.   Sorry to hear this.   You also might want to get some AD strips to test
you inventory and see what level of degradation you're at.   Conversion is best sooner than
later if the images matter.  Good Luck - can talk more if you or anyone else wants.