Date:
Sun, 25 Jun 2017 18:59:23 -0500
As US President Donald Trump becomes known as the “tweeting president,”
increasing attention has been placed on how heads of state utilize social
media to communicate and engage with the public and how we preserve
government records in the digital era.

While President Obama had formal governmental accounts on the major social
media platforms from which he posted on many topics of the day, those
accounts were, for the most part, run as traditional governmental public
relations outlets, with their content produced and managed by an army of
press aides (though Obama was claimed to write some social missives). In
this way they were just new mediums through which the traditional
governmental press mechanism functioned – broadcasting official polished
messages out to the masses.

The election of Donald Trump as President of the United States, on the
other hand, has brought with it something fundamentally new to American
politics – the notion of a head of state who speaks his/her mind candidly
and in realtime stream-of-consciousness, offering unprecedented access to
one of the most powerful people on earth.

http://bit.ly/2rRe1Tn
http://bit.ly/2rRe1Tn+

--
Peterk