From:
Maarja Krusten 2 <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 3 Jul 2017 08:21:12 -0400
From the Organization of American Historians *Process *blog, July 3, 2017,
excerpts from an interview about the Obama presidential records with AOTUS
David S. Ferriero, "A new model for preserving presidential records."
http://www.processhistory.org/ferriero-preserving-presidential-records/

Note that among the questions that David answers is the issue of public
access to the original Barack Obama White House paper records and to
artifacts. Those of you familiar with NARA Strategic Plan know that
digitization is a major element.

As to housing materials in a NARA repository, not a NARA-administered
presidential library, that's an idea that already was a subject of hallway
conversations when I first joined the staff of the National Archives in
1976.  It also was considered during a 2009 NARA report on a request for
public input on alternative models for presidential libraries.
https://www.archives.gov/files/presidential-libraries/reports/report-for-congress.pdf

All a part of change management--I shared some of my own researcher,
archivist, and records professional musings on digital access in general in
March in a post at my old blog, now transferred to my new one.
https://archivalexplorations.wordpress.com/2017/05/03/
archivesland-changing-how-we-look-at-change/  This is out of chronological
order as regards publication date versus my newest publicly available
postings.

I transferred the post about research in the digital age in May as I shut
down my old blog, but did not publish it until yesterday as I will be
linking to it in a new post I'm writing about history, archives, and
records management.

Listserv subscribers will see a reference at my blog link above to a good
Twitter conversation among Kate Theimer, Ron Layel, and me, which inspired
me to write the post about change management.  I'll be continuing that
theme in my next blog post.

Maarja
@ArchivesMaarja
Blog:  https://archivalexplorations.wordpress.com/