From:
Maarja Krusten 2 <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 3 Jul 2017 10:19:09 -0400
If you're interested in getting into the weeds of NARA's strategic vision,
with a focus on digital access, you can find Strategic Plans and other
reports here.
https://www.archives.gov/about/plans-reports Some of the best clear and
concise explanations of NARA's access vision are at AOTUS blog; you can
check out posts tagged Strategic Plan here:
https://aotus.blogs.archives.gov/?s=strategic+plan

Also sharing the short link for my newly published but older blog post on
change management and new ways of looking at records, referenced below.
http://wp.me/p8GFqI-10

Original message excerpts:

From the Organization of American Historians *Process *blog, July 3, 2017,
excerpts from an interview about the Obama presidential records with AOTUS
David S. Ferriero, "A new model for preserving presidential records."
http://www.processhistory.org/ferriero-preserving-presidential-records/

Note that among the questions that David answers is the issue of public
access to the original Barack Obama White House paper records and to
artifacts. Those of you familiar with NARA Strategic Plan know that
digitization is a major element
​.  <snip>​
​

All a part of change management--I shared some of my own researcher,
archivist, and records professional musings on digital access in general in
March in a post at my old blog, now transferred to my new one.  https://
archivalexplorations.wordpress.com/2017/05/03/archivesland-
changing-how-we-look-at-change/

​<snip>

Maarja
@ArchivesMaarja