Sender:
From:
Amy Conant <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 3 Nov 2004 10:16:52 -0700
Good Morning all,

We as a county have been wrestling with the pro's and cons of centralized scanning for a while.  Has anyone done a study of this they could share?  We have issues with some departments unwilling to send out documents for scanning due to sensitivity of information.  While others are unwilling due to having to prepare the documents for scanning and then having to verify the accuracy afterwards, they feel that it would be just as easy to scan the documents themselves.  The cost of equipment I can compare fairly easily.  I'm mostly interested in where other organizations centralize the scanning such as which department and what success they have in other departments buying into the concept.

Thank you all for your time.  If you wish to reply off-list to this my address is [log in to unmask]

Have a great day all!

Amy Conant
Programmer Analyst
Arapahoe County CO